Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcjwpeeters
Contributor II
Contributor II

(Multiple) Alternate States or in expression

Hi all,

I'm struggling with Alternate States and/or using them in Expressions.

I have a downtime app with a "Structural Top 3" sheet for daily/ weekly/ monthly follow-up.

tcjwpeeters_1-1612345870822.png

The three Selection Filter panes and the graphs are connected with 3 individual Alternate States.

But the graphs should also be affected by the top filter pane, because the Top 3 should be possible to be viewed by area.

I have tried to incorporate the Alternate States into the expressions, but then the graphs don't change based on the Topx Selections. I tried adding *$ in the expression but that doesn't seem to do the trick either.

Sum({[Top1 Selection * $]}{<FunctionalLocation = {"*BS-*"}>} Downtime)/60

Do I have to change the Alternate States of the graphs to <inherited>  or something when I do this?

Could you please provide me with some tips on how to use Alternate States in this case?

Thanks in advance

Greets,

Tom

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi @tcjwpeeters 

Try like below

Sum({[Top1 Selection]}{<Year = $::Year, Month = $::Month,FunctionalLocation = {"*BS-*"}>} Downtime)/60

now, its will reflect for Year & month also. Similiarly, you can change accordingly

FYR:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Examples%20of%2...

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MayilVahanan

Hi @tcjwpeeters 

Try like below

Sum({[Top1 Selection]}{<Year = $::Year, Month = $::Month,FunctionalLocation = {"*BS-*"}>} Downtime)/60

now, its will reflect for Year & month also. Similiarly, you can change accordingly

FYR:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Examples%20of%2...

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
tcjwpeeters
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi MayilVahanan,

Thank you, for Fields like Year etc. this works fine.

But the one parameter which I would require to affect the graphs is "Rayon" in the top-left corner.

Rayon is a selfmade dimension which WildMatches FunctionalLocations.

If I use your formula on FunctionalLocation it doesn't change the graphs when selecting a specific "Rayon";

Sum({[Top1 Selection]}{<FunctionalLocation = $::FunctionalLocation>} Downtime)/60

any thoughts?

tcjwpeeters
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi MayilVahanan,

thank you for your solution.

THe existing problem with the selfmade dimension will be solved in the script at our Back-end.

Greets,

Tom