cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tim_at_ford
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple Expressions with Multiple Dimensions

Working on a project were we a line chart with two lines (forecasted and actual).  When we drill down via some of the filters our actuals line disappears.  Two lines, forecasted and actual, click on filter and our actuals disappears.

We want both lines to stay regardless of filtering.

Anyone, encounter this??

2 Replies
thakkarrahul01
Creator
Creator

‌Hi Timothy,

The calculation will depend on how data model is associating various entities together.

You should revisit the filters which are making actual values to disappear. You can utilise set analysis to ignore certain filters as well.

It will be helpful to understand better, if you can post some example may be with sample data.

Regards,

Rahul Thakkar

Anthony_Ventura
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Timothy,

Running a quick test, I have a Line Chart with two expressions, Actuals and QuotaAmount, using Month as a Dimension. If I filter on a particular Year, my Quota disappears, which is normal.

Using Set Analysis with the {1} identifier, it is possible to apply as many filters as you'd like resulting in the two expression lines staying visible.

I have a feeling that your use case may be different. As Rahul said, "if you can post some example may be with sample data", that would help a lot.

Tony Ventura