Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pragya
Creator
Creator

Multiple Layer Area Map - probblem second layer not visible

Hi there,

I created a Area layer in the Qlik Map, with states of my country . 

Then i put the formula in the color section , (as i was working on incidence map) , i put the formula as  -> sum(resident)/sum population. Then i put the same formula in the label section. Everything worked fine.

Now i have to add another area layer, for the district in the states of the map. So i clicked on add another layer, put the variable as dimension. then added the same formula in the color and label section. But the another layer for districts is not visible. Could someone advise. 

Thanks beforehand.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Usama
Creator
Creator

Hi,

For Country, You can use Area layer and for States you can use point layer.then you can change the colors as you want.
I think it would be good as same i did in one project.

Thanks,
Usama

From Nothing - To Something - To Everything
Pragya
Creator
Creator
Author

The problem i am having is, i downloaded the kml file for the state areas on the map. now next step is , i have student file with - students address in it. i want to now use student domicile variable from the student file to create the next layer of domicile on the map. i have joined the tables map and student details, in Qlik but i still cant see the globe sign infront of the variable and when i drag the variable on the map - it does nothing.

Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

@Pragya 

It sounds like this may be a good case use for the a drill down dimension. Maybe like Country>State>District. Then use your measure to do the color by.  Then use the Student domicile as a point layer once you are drilled into a district? Glad to assist further if this is not quite what you are looking to do.