Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple date dimension on same X-Axis

Hello, I have actually two charts representing the number of tickets sold depending to the date of the order and the date of the event. I want to combine them to have one chart with one dimension and two lines.

line_chart.png

For the dimension, I want to use the union of my two date dimensions.

For the measures, I want one line for the sales depending to the order date and one line for the sales depending to the event date.

Is there any way to do this ?

I saw that there is an extension called AnyChart that can do it but I didn't understand how to use it on Qlik Sense.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Many developer create their data model as in a database like MySQL.

Qlik is different.

If you wan't to compare different values on the same timeline you can:

- load all datas into one fact table.

there you'll have one date field, one customer field, one material field, one number field (as well invoice number  as order number) but a order value and a invoice value

- load your facts into different fact tables

create a link table where all compareable dimensions are in (just one link field between the tables, date, material and customer are added into one line) and the single dimension values in a link table

I think, you can find many posts to this theme

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ift_isabelle
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Do you have a Master calander in you data model?

You can put the normalized date from you mastercalander on the X-axis and then put both of the measures in a line chart.

For you other question. Did you import the Anychart extension into your QMC? Or put it in the correct folder of the desktop version?

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Many developer create their data model as in a database like MySQL.

Qlik is different.

If you wan't to compare different values on the same timeline you can:

- load all datas into one fact table.

there you'll have one date field, one customer field, one material field, one number field (as well invoice number  as order number) but a order value and a invoice value

- load your facts into different fact tables

create a link table where all compareable dimensions are in (just one link field between the tables, date, material and customer are added into one line) and the single dimension values in a link table

I think, you can find many posts to this theme

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your answer, it fits perfectly my needs and now it works wonders.

Cheers!