Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator

Multiple dates and periods selection

Hello Community,

I have many tables and each table contains a date field. I want to create one calendar but idon't know if it's possible with many dates. Is there a way to create measures and in the set analysis i refer to the exact date  that i want? and should i create many calendares or just one which is disconnected from the model?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

Hi Ali,

A single calendar is sufficient with a relationship to all your dates.

look at this link: Calendar

otherwise you can use the Set Analysis to calculate your indicators with specific or relative dates.

Cheers,

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for the reply.

I've have used this script many times before when i had only one date. Can you please elaborate on how can i link all my dates in one calendar?

Thanks

Taoufiq_Zarra

if I understand you correctly.

you need this script to create for example a mastercalendar for date1 , then you will do the same thing for date2.

And you will concatenate the two mastercalendar in one that will contain the different values of date1 and date2 and so on.

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

Taoufiq_Zarra

It is better to propose several mastercalendar than one (if the meaning of the dates is not the same)
The proposal I gave above will cause a problem (maybe it's not your case), but with only one date linked to all the tables, for example in the mastercalendar I selected 16/12/2019 as the purchase date, Qlikview will also select all the dates with 16/12/2019 (sales date for example) which is not logical.

Look at the article : HIC

Cheers,

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

aitmessaoudali
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, indeed! i'll use as many calendars as my number of dates. Then i'll put filter panes with the diffent months and years related to each date. I can't see a better option.

Also,I've read somewhere about a calendar that is totally disconnected from the data model. All the magic happens within the set analysis, but i've never tried this approach.

Taoufiq_Zarra

Awesome

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA