Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Multiple developers workingat the same time

Hello All,

How can multiple developers work together in QlikSense Server?

How can they share sheets,application or copy objects from one application to other?

Thanks

Khushboo

16 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not applicable
Author

Hi Balraj,

I think you misunderstood my question.

It is more like how can 2 developers develop parallel.

In Qlikview we use to create charts and copy objects from one application to other. How can this be done In Qliksense?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Khushnoo,

We do it this way:

First create an app and make sure we have all the master items developed in the same.

Once done: We duplicate the sheet and work on visualizations independently.

Once we are done with the visualizations, we copy them into the master app. (A visualization can be copied between apps if both the apps have the measures and dimensions in common).

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

Thanks for your response.

Visualizations can be copied . Can an entire sheet get copied from one app to other for parallel development.

Thanks

Khushboo

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

I don't think a sheet can be copied. Never Tried it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

What about Qliksense Desktop.

Can parallel development be done the same way as Qlikview?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi,

The same features of QlikSense Server apply to the desktop version as well.

Best Regards,

Sangram

Not applicable
Author

In QMC it's possible to change the owner of an app, so one developer could work on an app, the owner could be changed in QMC and then another developer could work further on the app. It's not perfect but it's a good solution in some situations.

itec_pao
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi all,

I have a solution, by using custom properties and security rules in order to be able to work multiple developers on one unpublished app. I have put this in my blog:

http://www.qlik-blog.com/files/aaa5fa62fb65b2841898f5d04fc27c69-3.html

Shortly, you define Custom properties and put and object and users related to the app into it. In the security rule you define, you provide the rights. This works even for unpublished apps, which is superior.

Regards,

Oktay

www.qlik-blog.com