Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikuserkv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Multiple lines on line chart

Hi,

In my dimension I should see the days from the beginning of the year to the max date.

I want to have 3 lines on line chart.  One line should calculate the sum of sales in 2016, another line for 2017 etc

I have date format like this

Jan 1 , Feb 1 ...

My chart should look like this

Capture.PNG

is it possible?

I calculate the  sum of sales in 2018  using this formula: SUM({$<Year = {'$(=Max(Year))'}, Month =, Quarter = , date = >}FactSoldAmount)

When I add another dimension for the previous year SUM({$<Year = {'$(=Max(Year)-1)'}, Month =, Quarter = , date = >}FactSoldAmount) lines aren't shown together. At first I see sum of sales in 2017 from January to April, and then I see sum of sales in 2018 from January to April

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can also create a field named DayYearNoYTD:

If( DayNumberOfYear(Today(1))>DayNumberOfYear(Date) , Dual(Date(Date,'MMM D'),DayNumberOfYear(Date)) , Null()) AS YearDayNoYTD

And then in your line chart turn off "Include Null Values" for the dimension DayYearNoYTD:

Screenshot from 2018-04-13 14-37-39.png

And then have simply Sum(Sales) as  the expression

View solution in original post

10 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Add two dimensions: Month and Year and simply one measure without set expression: Sum(Sales)

2018-04-13 11_36_03-_Simple Line Chart - My new sheet _ App overview - Qlik Sense.png

Or the measure: Sales( {<Quarter=,Month=>} Sales)

Or: Sales( {<Year={$(=Max(Year)),$(=Max(Year)-1),$(=Max(Year)-2)},Quarter=,Month=>} Sales)

qlikuserkv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

But I want to show the sum of sales only the period ( from the beginning of the year to the max date information)

In my script I have ----- Date(date,'MMM D') as MonthDay

and I use MonthDay in dimension.When I add year it doesn't show the sum of sales in these 3 years

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then just use MonthDay instead of Month and try what I suggested.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should only have one measure. The addition of Year as a dimension is only possible if you have one measure. So you will end up with two dimensions and one measure. The aggregations (Sum, Count,Avg .... etc) should always be added as measures.

qlikuserkv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Capture.PNG

Lines aren't shown together again

Measure : SUM({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)),$(=Max(Year)-1),$(=Max(Year)-2)}, Month =, Quarter = , date = >}Sale)

Dimension: MonthDay, Year

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It works well for me:

2018-04-13 11_57_14-_Simple Line Chart - My new sheet _ App overview - Qlik Sense.png

YearDayNo has been calculated in the load script as:

Dual(Date(Date,'MMM D'),DayNumberOfYear(Date)) AS YearDayNo

qlikuserkv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I only have one measure :

Measure : SUM({$<Year={$(=Max(Year)),$(=Max(Year)-1),$(=Max(Year)-2)}, Month =, Quarter = , date = >}Sale)

and Two dimensions :

Dimension: MonthDay, Year

qlikuserkv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It works for me too

But it doesn't show only the day from January to Max date information ( April)

qlikuserkv
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did it

I used dimension: YearDayNo

And my measures are : sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}>}Sales)        for    2018

=Sum({$<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Max(date), -1)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Max(date), -1)))"}>}Sales)    for    2017    

=Sum({$<Date = {">=$(=YearStart(AddYears(Max(date), -2)))<=$(=MonthEnd(AddYears(Max(date), -2)))"}>}Sales)      for 2016