Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
compassadm
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple mapping of Same Key with other Table

Let me put the scenario first to simplify the question. I have a table called Person  , Now in our business logic Same person can be a customer as well as seller in different jobs. So , I have a fact table "Order" where there are two columns , CustomerID and SellerID .  Now when i am associating these tables . Table Person and Table Order . It allows me to make only one association which is Order.CustomerID and Person.PersonKey . I want to use Person.PersonKey to associate with Order.SellerID  as well.

One Solution is to separate person table according to the roles . But if i follow this approach , I'll have to make a whole lot of tables to take care of similar issues.

This approach is feasible and valid in terms of Star Schema but looks like i am not able to do it in QlikSense

Is there any better way of doing it?

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

I'm not sure i understand at 100% your problem, but, let me try,

the key field connecting your table "order" to your table "person" may be "CustomerID" and also may be "SellerID" ?

If it is the case, you can try a composite Key, by concatenating these two fields like this:

CustomerID &'-'& SellerID as PersonKey (on the order table)

and do the same on the Person table.

let me know

Regards,

Youssef

compassadm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Youssef ,

Thanks for the reply!

You see the problem is they need to be separate so they can be individually refer to the Person's Table . If i make the composite key how can i find the name of customer and seller? Composite key cannot solve this,

ishanbhatt
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Sahid,

I Think you want to connect Person and Seller table to the fact table. If it is right the try below logic.

Table1:

LOAD

Person_ID

PersonName

Xyx.

YTS

FROM [lib://Data/Data.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Table 1]);

_MappingTable:

Mapping Load

"PersonID",

PersonName

Resident

Table1;

Table2:

LOAD

"PersonID",

"SellerID",

Applymap('_MappingTable',"PersonID",'NA') AS PersonName,

Applymap('_MappingTable',"SellerID",'NA') AS SellerName

FROM [lib://Data/Data.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Table 2]);

Exit script;

Hopefully, this will helpfull to you.

Ishan

compassadm
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Ishan ,

This is super!

Yes , i just implemented this logic by the use of Applymap() function and this happens to be the exact copy so thanks  for verifying it

Regards,
Shahid