Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.
Hi dear all, I am new to Qlik and am ready to use qlik to analysis my survey results. Unfortunately I was stuck at combing multiple survey results to one table.
I have connected Survey Monkey and ready to load survey A and survey B. Survey A and Survey B are the same questions but are distributed to different participants(Company A and Company B).
Now in Qlik I want to combine these results together and name the table 'Final results', in this 'Final results' table the fields are
Respondent_ID, Client, Question, Question_answer
Respondent_ID, Question and Question_answer are loaded directly from SurveyMonkey, and 'Client' will be valued as 'Client A' and 'Client B'.
and I am trying to use the script below but not work:
[Mid_Program Participant template]:LOAD respondent_id as [GetResponses.respondent_id], 'ClientA' as Client_Mid.Pro, question as [GetResponses.question], answer as [GetResponses.answer];
SELECT respondent_id, question, answerFROM GetResponsesWITH PROPERTIES (surveyId='128084936');
LOAD respondent_id as [GetResponses.respondent_id], 'Client B' as Clinet_Mid.Pro, question as [GetResponses.question], answer as [GetResponses.answer];
SELECT respondent_id, question, answerFROM GetResponsesWITH PROPERTIES (surveyId='128081116');
Can anyone give some suggestions? This process should be repeated, as there will be more tables are added in the future.
Hi, I've tried to create some fake data, and put them in some excel.
Then, I made this script that with some loop is going to add each new survey, modifying only a pair of variable:
// first you have to load the first survey
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Foglio1);
// second, you have to put here all the other survey name 'x','y', ...
// you can manage this variable also externally to the load editor, using a must include.
set vsurveyId ='128081116','test';
// third, this loop is going to load all the survey with the name in the vsurveyId variable.
// The problem is that dhe ClientA,ClientB etc. are different in the column name, so with a join
// we are going to put them in different columns.
FOR EACH file in $(vsurveyId)
// fourth: another loop to merge the Clients in one column
// we have to load the first one
question as [GetResponses.question],
answer as [GetResponses.answer],
respondent_id as [GetResponses.respondent_id],
ClientA as [Client_Mid.Pro]
// fifth: here the clients, as the surveys, you ought to add the new ones.
set client ='ClientB','ClientC';
// sixth: here the loop to do for each client whom is going to be concatenated
// to the first read
FOR EACH cliente in $(client)
$(cliente) as [Client_Mid.Pro]
// seventh, whe drop the data1 table that is useless, and uses memory.
drop table data1;
Hope it is going to help! Attached the xlsx I'm using in this example.
Hi Simone, thanks for your suggestion. Currently the SurveyMonkey connection is not good, I will try it later.