Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karthikchintu30
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple values reduced to single value

Hi,

I Have three fields namely class no,roll no,weight and weight column is coming  based on class and i have loaded it as a dimension and there are some null values in weight and i cant exclude them ,Here whenever i select class ,I should be getting all the roll numbers in all rows and weight in only one row

ex

class   Rollno  weight

7            1               10

7             2                   

7              3             

7             4

8             1                20

8             2                         

8            3                                   

here if i select multiple classes the weight should be displayed as 30 

iam ok even if  weight is displayed with the help of totals mode,But weight should be shown only once.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

karthik

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Which object are you trying to do this in? Is class and Rollno used as dimensions and weight as an expression?

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Karthik,

To display the weight only once, I think you can use this trick in your column weight.

Add this expression in your Text color expression:

=IF([weight] = Above([weight]),RGB(255,255,255),RGB(0,0,0))

This basically paints with white the current weight value if the previous value is the same.
This will only work if your data source have all the weight values filled in, you can't have them as null - when they are suppose to have values.

That does not solve your whole topic but is a start.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Mark Costa

Get hooked on Qlik at qlikbait.net
karthikchintu30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am using a Straight table, I am using all the three fields as dimensions ,I have loaded weight as sum(weight) in back end and i also loaded an expression for name sake and i have hided that column

sunny_talwar

May be use this for weight

Aggr(If(RowNo() = 1, weight), class, Rollno)
karthikchintu30
Contributor
Contributor
Author

let us consider weights of 2 different classes are 30 and 30 and if i select 2 classes at the same time it should appear in the below way

7            1               30

7             2                   

7              3             

7             4

8             1                30

8             2                         

8            3 

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Using my expression you just need to include other fields in the Boolean expression:

=IF([weight] = Above([weight] AND [Filed1] = Above([Field1] AND ....),RGB(255,255,255),RGB(0,0,0))
Get hooked on Qlik at qlikbait.net