Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilearnhcd
Contributor
Contributor

My work is not being saved - lost it 3 times

Hi,

I'm editing my application on the cloud - trying to add new sheet on the existing app.  as what i have understood, if i work on the application directly from the cloud, the cloud automatically saves my progress as there is no save button available.

After clicking on the 'done' button, i closed my app.  But when i log back in, the sheet that i just created is gone.  i tried to login using another browser but the sheet is empty.  Deleted all cookies and cashed items, but still face the same error.

I created the sheet again but when i checked back in after a couple of days again the sheet is gone.

Here are screenshots below.

screenshot 01.pngscreenshot 02.png

24 Replies
saxjonas
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I'm doing some additional digging on this issue.

If you're on the Qlik Branch Slack, send me a message and I could provide the exact nodes that were used and additional information.

Cheers,

Jonas

negovista
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Joe

Thank you for your answer,

I have found the explanation for the saving issue. When you open something in a new tab by clicking on the icon to the right in the screenshot below your URL will include a node in it and then it is a different app which is not visible in the hub anymore.

new window.PNG

Another bug is that when you use REST connectors as data source you cannot use For loop iterations as Cloud loses the connection and therefore iterates the loop 3-4 times instead of just one.

Also Automatic Data Refresh still fails for larger datasets with REST connectors.

Finally whenever you duplicate an app or upload it from your computer all your connectors are lost and have to be rebuilt.

So yeah long list of bugs, I have sent them to Qlik customer support.

Regards

Flemming

QlikUpdate
Creator
Creator

I wanted to update everyone on this issue.

We have identified the root cause, and as suspected it does have to do with tabs.

When you open Qlik Sense Cloud the initial tab you used to open the app maintains the sync with the Qlik Sense Cloud server. If you open additional tabs using the "New Tab" button in the selection menu (see below) you are able to work with the different functions (sheets, Data Model Viewer, Script Editor, etc) and maintain the syncing as normal, so long as the initial tab remains open.

Untitled-1.jpg

However, if you close that initial tab, that is, the one you used to open the app, syncing breaks. This is what causes the loss of work, because the server no longer recognizes your work as related to the app.

We are working on a fix that should deploy in the next few days. Until that time, you can work either by only working in a single tab, or ensure that you do not close the tab used to launch your Qlik Sense Cloud app.

I do truly apologize for the inconvenience this bug has caused, and I'm happy that we will soon have a fix.

Regards,

Joe

Please mark this answer as ​Correct​ so that others can quickly see the resolution.

negovista
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Joe

Thank you for this update, I can see that you have removed the "new tab" function in the cloud for now. I also see that you have updated the Cloud REST connectors. The automatic data refresh still fails for larger datasets however. If you use the manual data refresh for loop iterations run 3-4 times thereby duplicating data. The same dataload works fine in Qlik Desktop.

Any updates for when this functionality will be working? Till then it is hard for us to use Qlik Cloud in a business setting as we cannot provide our customers with daily updated data.

Best regards

Flemming

negovista
Contributor III
Contributor III

With the new updates of Qlik Cloud maps, it seems like the maps stopped working? Meaning that the layers are not visible anymore. Any updates on when this will be fixed?

negovista
Contributor III
Contributor III

This is what I see. I have added three layers with data which works fine but when I publish it no layers are visible both in the workspace and the stream. This happened after the update with pie charts on the map

Map bug Qlik Cloud.PNG

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Negovista - I have also made the cloud team aware

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
negovista
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thx, I hope they will find a solution soon then

Rodney
Contributor III
Contributor III

Happening for me too. 

Was there ever a solution or is it because of the Tabs, meaning I need to close the browser and re-do it all?

negovista
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi

Thank you for the great improvements that you have made to the cloud.

Now saving an app works and you have removed the new window feature.

What still does not work is automatically loading apps with REST connectors if there is a certain amount of data. Will this be possible at some point?

It would also be great if all your data connections were not deleted when you duplicate an app. And if you could use analytic connections  to R / Python it would be even better.

Best regards

Flemming