Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harrisonpeg7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need Help!! New laptop came in today, needing to be able to pull apps up on it

I am needing help understanding how to connect another computer in the office to the qlik server. I am able to do everything fine (pull up apps, mashups etc) on my original computer but have no idea how to pull them up on a computer other than mine.

How can I access my apps on a different computer in the office that is fresh out of the box without Qlik on it. Thank you much for any help!

Qlik sense enterprise, accessing via browser

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Are you using an internet browser to access your Qlik server on your old computer? If you are then you need to browse to the same internet address using your new computer. 

If you run into problem doing so then the issue might be network related. Maybe your organization are using some kind of VPN that you will need to configure on your new computer before getting access to the Qlik server.

If this isn't your problem please update your post with more info regarding your issue . Is it QlikView  or Qlik Sense?  Connecting with desktop client or pure internet browser access? Maybe there are other differences between the computers that you forgot to mention? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Are you using Qlikview or QlikSense Enterprise? Are the apps published or unpublished?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Are you using an internet browser to access your Qlik server on your old computer? If you are then you need to browse to the same internet address using your new computer. 

If you run into problem doing so then the issue might be network related. Maybe your organization are using some kind of VPN that you will need to configure on your new computer before getting access to the Qlik server.

If this isn't your problem please update your post with more info regarding your issue . Is it QlikView  or Qlik Sense?  Connecting with desktop client or pure internet browser access? Maybe there are other differences between the computers that you forgot to mention? 

Harrisonpeg7
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for your response! I am using Qlik sense enterprise and accessing it on a chrome browser. I am using an HP odem desktop and the new laptop is a dell xp 7950.  The app is currently unpublished.

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

QlikSense is browser-based and you should have access to your apps? Could you share the error you are getting? 

You should check if the laptop has been added to the enterprise network. Most Qiksense enterprises are not hosted on a public domain and you should have access to a new laptop that is not part of the network.