Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oriol_
Contributor
Contributor

Need help for dinamic set analysis calculation

Hi experts, I need some help to calculate with this scenario:

With a fact sales table, I need to calculate a discount based on sum sales for the selected dates, then for that total, I have to found the correct discount based on a table with amount tranches. 

this is an example what I have now in a front end table:

Qlik_discount.png

2 first columns for the fact table, and the last 3 is a LEFT JOIN for the amount tranches table  (this is stored in table so will change by group of customer and dates)

obviously I need only one record sales by customer with the correct T_discount, based on the sales :

for instance, customer A with sales 829,24 € will fall in the tranches 501 to 950 € so will have 25 % discount.

thanks in advance for your help,

Oriol.

Labels (2)
4 Replies
OmarBenSalem

Oriol_
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @OmarBenSalem   thanks for your fast answer, 

yes, I know intervalmatch but I guess is for use at script, not at front end.

so because I dont have a fixed sum of sales, but a dinamic computed sales at front end table, resulting a needed  calculated "interval match" at set analysis front end.

thank you

Oriol.

Oriol_
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, any update for this, please?

thks

marcus_sommer

It's not solvable with a set analysis else you will need a nested if-loop approach querying the sum against each range, maybe with something like:

if(sum(Sales) >= subfield(concat([T from], '|'), '|', 1),
    subfield(concat([T Discount], '|'), '|', 1);
if(...

It's definitely not a nice way ... therefore I suggest to check if a script-solution isn't more suitable. Usually a discount depends on a single order or on the orders of a certain period like a week or month - and in such cases it could be resolved within the script.

- Marcus