Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help in writing an expression on Qlik Sense

Hi friends, I am trying to write an expression on Qlik Sense but not able to put it right.

One column has month date (Means information available as on that date) and another column has date of joining. I am trying to get the count of new hires if month and year are the same in both the column. I can easily do it on excel but not on Qlik Sense.

Have attached the sample raw sheet.

Please help..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Added nothing in the Excel. Everything is in the script. I have attached the qvf and you can check the script in it

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be like attached

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hey this is exactly what I was looking for.. please share that excel where you have added columns .. please share....

sunny_talwar

Added nothing in the Excel. Everything is in the script. I have attached the qvf and you can check the script in it

Not applicable
Author

Hey bro.. Selection tool is showing the added columns names. please help how this can be done on script only..

M trying this but getting nothing

Count({<MonthStart([Month date]=MonthStart([Original DOJ]), Year([Month date]=Year({[Original DOJ]>} [Emp Name])

Please help to understand this better......

sunny_talwar

Do you have a field that uniquely determine each of the row? I had to create Key to create that field, if you already have that, then you might not need it and you can try this expression:

Count({<UniqueField = {"=MonthStart([Month date]=MonthStart([Original DOJ])"}>} [Emp Name])