Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help inQlikview, adding comments to fields in tables, using script

I am new to Qlikview, and I am working on my first data model.  I am trying to attach comments to my field names so that in the Table View, when you hover over a field, you see my comment.  I can get Qlikview to add the comments when I add  a line like:

COMMENT FIELD [%Player ID] WITH 'Unique player identifier';

in my script.

However, I have lots of fields so I wanted to use the mapping capability, and put the field and comments in an Excel file, which I did.  I then loaded the mapping file with the following statement:

Map_Field_Comments:

MAPPING LOAD FieldName,

Comment

FROM

[..\Data\Excel\MGM_Grand_Data_Set.xls]

(biff, embedded labels, table is Fields$);

This file currently contains the fieldname that I have after the as statement ( as [%Player ID]).  I tried using the original fieldname that was in the Excel file before the AS and it didn't work.  I put the mapping statement in a tab before I used it.

Then, after the statements to load the table, I put in the statement:

COMMENT FIELDS USING Map_Field_Comments;

But I do not get any comments in the Table View when I hover, as I did when I loaded each comment separately. I tried putting the mapping statement in the same tab as where I load the table. I tried the statement above loading the table and, separately after loading the table.  I tried every combination where to put the statements, and I can't get it to work.  I tried looking to see if others had issues with this, and couldn't find anything.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to set anything?

Thank you,

Karyn Roark

0 Replies