Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III

Need help to get the expression work correctly for my requirement ?

Hi All ,

Please kindly assist me to get the expression correct in my chart below -

My req-

How can I count the [Claims Captured_key] depending on [Claim Payment Section] or [Claim Payment Claim Number]

why the Claim Number 150349 is count in the Claim Payment Claim Number = 150636 thats why is count is 2.

The count should only happen when the [Claims Captured Key] is present in [Claim Payment Section] ?

Capture_out.PNG

sample model attached.

Not sure why it is linking with the other Claim Number - 150349

1.PNG

7 Replies
Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Is this what you want:

Count({<[Claim Payment Section] = [Claim Payment Section]>}[Claims Captured Key])
suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sebastiaandb,

I tried your expression, but it didn't work.

Though the [Claim Number]  '150349' is of [Claim Payment Section] 'Household Goods' but still it is linking incorrectly to 'Houseowners'. Please see screenshot -

2.PNG

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Let's see if this is what you want :-). 

It's not the most elegant solution tough. Couldn't get it to work in set analysis. Now i use the combi with an if function:

if([Claim Payment Claim Number] = text(right([Claims Captured Key], 6)),
Count(
{<
[Claim Payment Section] = [Claim Payment Section]
>}
[Claims Captured Key]))

I believe it's possible to include the upper part in the set modifier (maybe someone else can fix that)

suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sebatiaan ,

I saw you use [Claim Payment Claim Number] in the dimension to work you expression correct - By my req. is to show the chart like below- I used you expression in the field test . But not giving the result.

3.PNG

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Have you downloaded and tested my qvf file? 🙂

suvechha_b
Creator III
Creator III
Author

yes . I did remove the [Claim Payment Claim Number] from the report .Thus, giving me Null result.

attached your qvf file after my modification .

4.PNG

Sebastiaandb
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not exactly sure what you want. But if it is to show only the rows when the condition is met on both
Condition 1
[Claim Payment Claim Number] = text(right([Claims Captured Key]
Condtion 2
[Claim Payment Section] = [Claim Payment Section]

Then you can simply add condition 1 to any of the dimensions to make your table compact as by not selecting the null values.