Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Highlighted
nikita23
New Contributor III

Need to consider Numeric values after an Alphabet in my straight table or pivot for

Hi Guys,

I am having a column called "Station" which contains value as below:

Station
R01
R98
UPS
LUX
AAH
RGB
RT1
R97
R12
R34

Now I want to fetch the values with alphabet starts with 'R' along with numeric values after it  like 

output:

Station
R01
R98
R97
R12
R34

May thanks in advance!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Need to consider Numeric values after an Alphabet in my straight table or pivot for

Try this?

If(Left(String,1)='R' and IsNum(Mid(String,2)), String) as Output
9 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Need to consider Numeric values after an Alphabet in my straight table or pivot for

Hope this can help you.

Table_A:

Load*

From XXX

where wildmatch(Station,'R*');

nikita23
New Contributor III

Hi Reon,

this will return RGB and RT1 as well.

Output as below :
Station
RGB
RT1
R01
R98
R97
R12
R34

Edvin
New Contributor III

You can modify Reon given example by:

Table_A:

Load*

From XXX

where wildmatch(Station,'R0*','R1*','R2*','R3*','R4*','R5*','R6*','R7*','R8*','R9*');

Hope this helps you.
nikita23
New Contributor III

Thanks Edvin!!

Its working fine but it will consider the fields like as below

R2T,

R9U etc

I need values after R in numeric only. if you know any solution then please let me know.

MVP
MVP

Try this?

If(Left(String,1)='R' and IsNum(Mid(String,2)), String) as Output
Partner
Partner

You can try this below.

Table_A:

Load*

From XXX

where wildmatch(Station,'R*') and IsNum(Mid(Station,2));

nikita23
New Contributor III

Thank you so much Tresesco!

It works absolutely fine.

Community Manager
Community Manager

@nikita23  I know you received your answer but I would still like to move this into the correct product forum.  Are you using QlikView? I just want to confirm before I move this. Thanks 

Sue Macaluso
nikita23
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am using QlikSense.