Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evgeniystuchalk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Needed simple answer about fully functional Qlik Sense versions (licenses etc.)

Hello! I want confirm my understanding of Qlik Sense license politic.

I've watched this video, but a lot of question remains.

Qlik Sense Platform – Token Licensing Assigning Access Passes - YouTube

1) 1 license = 100 tokens. It means, if i'm buing 1 license for ~1500$, i can simultaneously connect up to 100 users to my server?

2) If 1) is correct, can I assign different access rules to this users? (to apps, group of apps)

3) What means 1 token=10 login passes? It uses for limited acces for anoni,us users?

4) What is 'shiping complect' for one license? Distributive for installation on my server? Or it's special access to Sense Cloud? Or both?

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1) No, the video uses the number 100 only as an example.

2) Yes, you can apply different security rules to different users, groups, apps, objects etc.

3) You can divide the number of tokens between user access passes and login access passes. 1 token can be uses as 1 user access or as 10 login access passes

4) no idea, where did you encounter that term?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
evgeniystuchalk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

1) Means 1 licese = 1 token?

4) No where. What i get like customer, if im buyng qlik sense license?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. No. One license can mean zero tokens. Or 5 tokens or 100 tokens or 10000 tokens.

4. Depends on what kind of license you buy. You will need one for Qlik Sense Enterprise and if that doesn't include tokens then you need a license for tokens as well.

evgeniystuchalk
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Ok. I have company with 10 final users of analytic. 1 admin (app-development), 3 directors, that needs their set of reports, and 7 sales, that needs another set of reports.

I want my reports can be avalibe from web, with autoupdated data, and without access to source code of app form non-admin user.

What i need to buy to make this real?)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think the best thing for you to do is to contact a Qlik Partner or a Qlik Sales representative and discuss what you need with her or him.