Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Sample Twitter App: Any way to use with (regular) Qlik Sense? (w/o Qlik Sense Business)

Hi All,

Does anyone know if/whether it's possible to use the Qlik Sense Twitter Sample app -- available now in the public Qlik Cloud samples -- with just regular Qlik Sense Desktop?

I don't have access to a Qlik Cloud Business account, but I found the .csv-file Twitter activity file download from Analytics.Twitter.com.  So, just to have a good starting point look at that data would be useful, even with just partial data.

Lastly:  With Qlik Cloud Business, they have access to a specific Twitter connector.  Are there any other options to access Twitter data?

Thanks as always,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There are a number of ways to get data from Twitter into Qlik Sense. Here's one that uses no connectors: http://qlikshow.com/download/twitter-analytics-app-2/

You could also utilize the REST API for something a bit more automated: Setting up selected REST sources for data loading ‒ Qlik Connectors

And here's an example of what you can do with the Qlik Web Connectors using the Twitter connector: Qlik Healthcare on Twitter: "The Twitter Leaderboard for @Qlik #Qonnections. Peak of 3000 tweets on ...

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Garret,

There is web connector is available in Qlik download site but for twitter you need to buy license after that you make a connection with twitter. Secondly, Can you please attach the application here once so I can tell you how they fetch or added the twitter data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rohit,

Yep, to be sure, this new app, called "A Sample Twitter App" seems to really targeted towards Qlik Cloud Business subscribers.  It looks like it was published on May, 19th, or so (probably as part of Qonnections 2017).

By default, I think only they would have a license for access to the Twitter connector.  ...In fact, there is an instruction sheet with screenshots, and there you can see it some detail.

The thing is, after looking at several other Twitter-type apps, etc., this one really is the best, and would be great to show-off/promote.  ...So, have to ask if there's any other way to make Twitter data accessible for (regular) Qlik Cloud users.  For example, maybe any way to download the .csv data, or link-up somehow?

Even if it wasn't "live" or full access as per the licensed Twitter connector for Qlik Cloud Business, some kind of access or capability here would be really great.

Any ideas?  I've attached the .qvf, it does look like it's meant to be shared.

Thanks,

-Garrett

joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There are a number of ways to get data from Twitter into Qlik Sense. Here's one that uses no connectors: http://qlikshow.com/download/twitter-analytics-app-2/

You could also utilize the REST API for something a bit more automated: Setting up selected REST sources for data loading ‒ Qlik Connectors

And here's an example of what you can do with the Qlik Web Connectors using the Twitter connector: Qlik Healthcare on Twitter: "The Twitter Leaderboard for @Qlik #Qonnections. Peak of 3000 tweets on ...

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Joe,

I have download .exe file with reference of your first point and installed it but didn't get any connector in Qlik Sense which has name twitter , Can you please help me to know how that work ?

joe_warbington
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Please reach out to the author patrick.tehubijuluw