Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New line character in qlik sense, chr(10) and chr(13) does not work

Hi

I want to get a new line character in a text box (#1 KPI). chr(10) and chr(13) does not work. How do we do that?

12 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Due to the responsive nature of the charts it wouldn't make sense to force a break.

If you want to separate chart context make use of the Title, subtitle and footnote fields.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Andy! I however need to display two different metrics on a single text object in two different lines? Is there a way we can do this? Do we have some alternatives may be?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I wouldn't say it doesn't make sense to force a line break even with responsive design, since a line break does help readers.

Most word processors allow line breaks etc. independent from the page layout.

To me, it seems more like a limitation of the KPI object expression evaluation to me.

Note that you can use measures in combination with text in a text object (and here you can use line breaks using the text editor).

2017-03-01 21_12_19-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

If you mock up what you are looking to do we can help you better.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

A text object does support multiple expressions, and line breaks:

2017-03-01 22_03_42-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

2017-03-01 22_03_55-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan! The text object had limitation of background color and hence I used the KPI object. Here is what I want to do:

1. count of two fields something like count({<[dim1]={'text1'}>}NAME) & <add a new line> & sum({<[dim1]={'text1'}>}[sales])

2. I also want to change the background colors of the box

3. Center aligned the above

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe look into using an extension, e.g. have a look at

Custom Color in Text Object - Qlik Sense

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Stefan! I will try the extn. However I wanted a native solution if possible. Looks like there isn't.

mhoudas78
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am agree it 's  a  limitation,