Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
junkou
Contributor
Contributor

New on Qlik

Hy,

I'm a french student and i'm using "Qlik Sense desktop" since 2 weeks. I have many questions but the first is : "what is the difference between Qlik sense desktop and Qlik view "?

I have many questions on dimension and variable and others subjects but I don't know where looking for,Qlik view Aswers are the same than  Qlik Desktop ?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies
vijayaganesh_s
Partner - Contributor III

Hello,

In simple term, both QlikView as well as QlikSense are belongs to Qlik family, shares same scripts, functions and data modelling approaches.

QlikView is a Business Intelligence tool used with guidance where as QlikSense enables the Self Service option to the person who is using the tool and which enables less dependency on developers unless he faces any complex situations.

Using QlikSense you can create your own visualization easily by dragging and dropping and the User Interface of QlikSense is much better than QlikView, this enables QlikSense as a easily navigable tool than QlikView.

And there are much more points are there to differentiate between two tools, from my point of view If you are good in any one the tool you will get familiar to other tool easily.

Happy Qliking 🙂

junkou
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Thx for reply.

So I can  use qlikview, like set analysis  answer, with qlik desktop ?

vijayaganesh_s

Yes, you can use Set Expressions for doing Set analysis in both QlikView and QlikSense, there are certain things you need to consider when using Set analysis.

This link will give some rough idea about this https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/ChartFunctions/...

Kindly visit and apply the examples practically.