Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jason_anderson
Contributor II
Contributor II

New to QLIK, How do you export data programatically via REST or better, PYTHON into PANDAS ?

I'm being forced to use QLIK and the most obvious usecase of extracting data from it for Data Science work via python does not seem to be officially documented?  Is there really, actually not a simple REST API for this?

3 Replies
Øystein_Kolsrud
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense has been designed for interaction with the data, not just static display, so a websocket API is used for this communication, not REST. It's the engine that performs all data processing, so this is the API you want to have a look at if you want to work with the data programmatically :

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/November2020/Subsystems/EngineAPI/Content/Sense_EngineAP...

But depending on what you want to do, you might want to have a look at how you could do your data science work directly in Qlik Sense.

PradeepK
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Jason,

Both options are available.. 😄

1) Python - Using Engine API with Websocket or Server Side Extension for adding capabilities.

You can check my GitHub sample projects for reference.. 

Websocket - Qlik, Engine API, Python 

SSE - Python, Qlik, ML 

2) JS- Straight forward.. Qlik Mashup docs explains it pretty well.  Link . 

Idea is to get Qlik global object reference hosted by Qlik Engine and use all exposed API methods i.e. opening apps and getting Hypercube data.

You can also refer to enigma.js  for using Engine API.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Pradeep

jason_anderson
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you.  this is the best lead i have so far so i'll search through those possibilities