Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

New to Qlik Sense Desktop -- have Map question

Hello everyone.  I am very new to Qlik Sense Desktop (actually, Qlik in general) but I am excited about the possibilities of things that I could do with this.

I am trying to make a map.  So, for this, let's say that I have this data:

GeoCodeCompanyProductSales
AGreat Inc.Oranges15
ASuperb CompanyPears30
BGreat Inc.Oranges45
CSuperb CompanyGrapes60
AGreat Inc.Grapes75
CSuperb CompanyOranges90

Note that GeoCode was generated using GeoMakePoint in the Data Load Editor using Longitude and Latitude.

On this map I want to put dots (or something) on cities that sell a Product with different colors for each Product, and have the dots vary in size according to the sum of sales. How would I be able to create a map that would show this information?  And, would it be possible to have a drop-down somewhere so that I could filter on Company?

I am guessing that to accomplish this mapping I would have to do some combination of a measure on the dimension and then in Appearance set the Colors to be By Measure, but that's just a guess.

3 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Joshua,

It is certainly the ability of qlik sense and map object.

Please refer the below with an example by Qlik.

Qlik Sense – Map Chart Object Part 1 – Point Maps - YouTube

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. I had worked a bit on it yesterday after posting this. What I did was to add the Measure below to the Dimension:

aggr(sum(Sales),GeoKey,Product)

After I did this, I was able to get the display to work like I wanted.

But, when you hover over a data point, the label shows the formula for the Measure. Sure, I could go to the Dimension and change the label of my Measure to be “Product” or something, but is there any way that it could show data instead? That is, if I also had a ZIP code in the data, would I be able to show the ZIP code as the label?

Thanks again!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Joshua,

Please check if the below link would help you in any way.

Best way to include Map in an Qlik Sense file?

Thanks