Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RaviK
Contributor
Contributor

No changes to the modified load script after republishing and replacing the app

Hi,

we have an application published in a stream by one of our colleague . I wanted to do some changes in underlying load script and publish the same in same stream by replacing the existing application. but after republishing my changes are not reflecting in the load script I can see only UI changes.

below are the steps that I am following.

1. Duplicate the stream from stream (take the app into Work)

2. Modify the underlying Load script, modify the UI and reload the data

3. Publish the application with same name in the same stream by ticking the check box (replace the existing app) and click on republish button

4. try to duplicate the app after republishing and check the underlying load script(changes not available).

Thanks

14 Replies
Ranganath_DR
Support
Support

Hi @RaviK ,

Refer below link about how duplication works in HUB.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/May2021/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Apps/duplicate-app.htm

RaviK
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Ranganath_DR ,

Thanks for your response.

The issue  am facing is with publishing the existing app which was created by my colleague.

I am able to duplicate the app. but facing issue with publishing the app.

If I publish the app, GUI of dashboard is getting updated but not the underlying load script. which result into the invalid visualization error on dashboard upon reload of data next time(as those fields are not available in load script).

Thanks in advance.

craigbrett
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I am facing the exact same issue. Duplicated an app which I am not the owner of, made changes to the front end GUI and  the data load script then republished. GUI changes took but script changes won't update. Please help.

RayS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
Found this post because I'm facing the same issue as RaviK and Craigbrett. When duplicating an app which I am not the owner of, changing the load script and publishing it again, the changes are lost.
Taking the ownership of the published app before publishing the new version worked now (once).

But another stange behavior is when publishing an app, so a collegue can duplicate it for himself. When I'm publishing an app (so I am the owner) and a collegue duplicates it, later I'm publishing a new version and he duplicates it again, he gets the old version - even he is deleting his version and I'm publish with different app-name.

Found this Changes are missing in the apps after Publish and Replace in Qlik Sense, but we're on Qlik Sense February 2021 Patch 3.

Does anyone found a stable solution for this problem?

derChristopher
Contributor III
Contributor III

We are facing the same issue with the May 2022 release.

ManuelKiendl
Contributor II
Contributor II

I am still facing the same problem. Is there a solution now ?😅

KHSDM
Creator III
Creator III

Same here... same issue. Whats the workaround/solution? I suspect it is something to do with the permission.

Linda1
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Any update on this? We are also facing this issue. I duplicate an app (I am not the owner), change the script, publish and replace. Script changes are not reflected in published version. BUT when duplicating the published app again, script changes are still there.

Kellerassel
Contributor III
Contributor III

We have the exact same problem. Both my colleague and me are root admin but when he duplicates an app of which I am the owner or vice versa and he changes the script and publishes it again, no change becomes effective. We have to set ourself as owner first and then the changes become effective upon publishing. I have no idea how that behaviour can be changed, or what security rules apply.  Help is much appreciated.