Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

No tooltip, no Intellisense, no tabulation

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange problem on some of my computers (but not on all of them...)

- In the layout, no icons appear when I hover over charts

- In expression editor, there is no Intellisense prompt when I type functions and fields

- in script editor, there is no prompt either, and the Tab key doesn't cause tabulation, but instead moves focus out of the script.

Does anyone know what it might be caused by, and how to restore the "normal" behavior? mto‌ any chance you've seen this one?

Appreciate your input,

Oleg Troyansky

10 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

OK, reporting back:

1. If you happen to experience the same problem, I found that pressing Shift-TAB in the editor makes the pointer visibly darker, and from that point on the tabbing and the Intellisense work correctly. So, this is a bit better, compared to the need to tab through all the controls on the page.

2. Installed Firefox, opened the Hub in Firefox, and everything works well, indeed!

3. Reinstalled Qlik Sense 3.0.1, after declaring Firefox a default browser and rebooting the machine... I was hoping that Qlik Sense Browser could pick up some of the "good stuff" from the default browser, but - no, Qlik Sense Desktop still behaves in the same strange way.

Now I can only wonder - why does it work completely well on one machine, and doesn't work on two other machines.