Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Node appears offline

Hi,

A few days ago installed a multi node environment without any problem.

Yesterday I wanted to create another one. I am having some issues:

I do everything as last time (follow the documentation from the web):

Installed Qlik Sense on ServerA - master - as central node.

Installed Qlik Sense on ServerB - slave - as non-central node.

Went to QMC on ServerA and from Nodes->Create-> added the server name, got a password which I have entered to the web browser on ServerB (//localhost:4750/certificatesetup). Service Unlocked. Everything seemed fine till this point.

When I went back to QMC it showed me ServerB - node offline.

I found some documentation how to redistribute - so follwed that, stopped the services, deleted the certifications and done the whole thing again. Node is offline...

The log says is atempting to connect to ServerB. It also says that certification distribution happened:S I don't really understand what's going on.

Could somebody advise me?

Thanks,

G

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Gergo,

Once you removed a node from a multi-node site, you cannot reuse the node in a multi-node environment. There is a description in the following link:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/online/#../Subsystems/Qlik_Management_Console_help/Content/ServerU...

Please check your log and if you find the error “Node disabled (most probable cause is having been unregistered from a cluster). Aborting startup...”, this might have been a cause of the issue.

Masaki

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Gergo - do you have a support / maintenance contract with Qlik - based on the question I would assume so unless you are using Qlik Sense server under a trial basis.

If you have support: Can you please open a support ticket to Support@qlik.com, it would be easier and confidential to shared logs and images, etc.

If you are using this as a trial - have you contacted the appropriate pre-sales contact assigned to assist you.

Please let us know. - Have your logs available.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your quick reaction.

Yes we have a contract with Qlik as we are Qlik partners.

I have the logs available too.

What would be the next step?

Thanks,

G

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Gergo - would suggest you send an email to Support@qlik.com, - they will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

I have already done that, thanks

G

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK great - let us know how you do with support. If you happen to get the resolution for this issue, it would be great if you can include it in this discussion thread for our community members that might see this thread.

Thanks again

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Support hasn't come back to me yet, but the issue got sorted.

I just re-installed Qlik Sense on Server B, deleted all the certificates, all the files from C:\ProgramData and re-installed QlikSense. I could add Server B to the nodes without any problem.

I'm still curious what can cause this issues - this morning removed the node again just to test something else and couldn't add it back, needed to re-install Sense again...

Looking forward to support's answer.

Cheers,

G

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Thanks Gergo - just so you know - I contacted support on this issue to understand the time-frame and process in responding to our supported customers.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Gergo,

Once you removed a node from a multi-node site, you cannot reuse the node in a multi-node environment. There is a description in the following link:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-us/online/#../Subsystems/Qlik_Management_Console_help/Content/ServerU...

Please check your log and if you find the error “Node disabled (most probable cause is having been unregistered from a cluster). Aborting startup...”, this might have been a cause of the issue.

Masaki

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Michael