enricocamerin
Creator
Creator

Not able to Read the Qvd File

Dears, 

I have an app1 whose job is just to create a QVD file

Then an other app2 load from this QVD

when I try to load the app2 it says that is not possible to read the QVD file 

indeed If I look in the directory where the QVD is store I don't see the file, only one day later it show up

The stange things is that if I load the QVD file with the app1 it loads with no error  it is as if it was reading from a cache file and not from the  QVD 

Reading similar thread I tried to set sleep(9000) after the store but with not result, the QVD is not big around 30000 row

thanks

6 Replies
DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

Hi, could you provide more details on this? How does your script for storing QVD look like? Isn't the QVD file opened (ore used by other app) when you are trying to load it? Do you store it in the same location from where are you trying to load it?
enricocamerin
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi David, thanks for replying 

this is the APP1 

FOLLOW_UP:
load * ;
sql
select *
from FOLLOW_V ;

store FOLLOW_UP into 'lib://QVD (e_camerin)/FOLLOW_UP.qvd' ;
sleep (9000);

APP 2

load *
 from [lib://QVD (e_camerin)/FOLLOW_UP.qvd]
 (qvd);

before loading  APP 2 I closes  app1

The following error occurred:

Cannot open file: 'lib://QVD (camerin)/FOLLOW_UP.qvd'

the strange thing is that sometime it works, usually if I load app2 after some days
Another strange things is that if I read the QVD from APP 1 it always works
this line works ok in app1 but not in app2 
load *
 from [lib://QVD (e_camerin)/FOLLOW_UP.qvd
 (qvd);

thanks

DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

If the error is like following

Error: Cannot open file: 'lib://QVD Warehouse/NEW_DB_EnergyDataL5_converted.qvd' (Native Path: ***
2018-11-29 23:38:05      System error: ***)

Than it is deffinitely because of  another app is using this QVD (loading or saving). Try also to remove sleep statement which I thing could cause troubles as well (it freeze app) and I don't see a reason for it.

Are you using QS Enterprise or Desktop? Could someone else use it? Can you see stored file in folder where you want it to have?

enricocamerin
Creator
Creator
Author

I'm using QS enterprise June 2018

If I edit the connection I can see the QVD, but if I look in the folder I can't, at least they show up  only sometime and I don't understand  in which circumstance.

I removed the sleep but the problem remain.

No other app is opening or loading from this QVD

thanks

DavidŠtorek
Creator III
Creator III

I am really sorry but it is very difficult to tell what is wrong such remotely. I never experienced something like what you are describing.
Only one advice what can I provide is to 1) create new app and connection from scratch 2) reinstal Qlik

or maybe reinstal Windows...

enricocamerin
Creator
Creator
Author

I tried the option one but the problem remain, the option 2 is not feasible  at the moment

thanks anyway for your help