Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sumanta12
Creator II
Creator II

Not able to access files from shared path

Hi All,

I have all the files in a shared path \\corp..\dfs\Enterprise-Reporting\PS_Metrics\ 

When I am creating a new connection & giving the path in the folder connection then no files are showing under that path.

sumanta12_0-1600090373792.png

Labels (5)
4 Replies
tommyl
Creator
Creator

Hello,

If i were you i'd check the folder permissions first. right click>properties>share >advanced> share with all. Thanks to @Michael_Tarallo in https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Creating-folder-connections-in-Qlik-Sense-Server/td-...

sumanta12
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I already have permission (modify)of that folder. Otherwise I would get invalid path error.

Any other type of permission you are taking about.

sumanta12
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

I am able to access the files from the folder path but when I am creating the connection then files are not showing.

Please help.

sagar_mandavkar
Contributor
Contributor

sagar_mandavkar_0-1657281993375.png

Hi,

I am also facing same issue on our qlik sense server.

I can access the shared folder from file explorer but not from Qlik sense while creating folder connection.

Also, I can access shared folders from other vms which are also getting synced up by onedrive.

May be any policy on my current server which is not allowing me to connect with network shared folder on same server.

I am using service account to which all access are available.

I can access other shared folders which are not getting synced up by OneDrive. But the folder which I want to access from Qlik is getting synced up by OneDrive and not accessible.

Appreciate if have any solution.