Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chanchalsharma
Contributor III
Contributor III

Not getting user list through UDC

Hi All,

I am trying to connect active directory with Qlik .

It is connecting successfully. But I am not able to get any user in user list .

Please find attached log file for reference .

Any help on this will be much appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Chanchal

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Chanchal,

A common mistake is to miss checking the "Fetch user data on first access, then keep in sync" box

Do this and then Apply and Sync - and you should see the list of user attributes.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Once the Connection is created via UDC ,

Follow the steps :

1- Open the Hub with Admin Credentials

2- Open the Published Application

3- Copy the URL from the address bar

4- Pass it to the users , and ask them to click on this URL.

5- Once the User click on this URL, It ask for the credentials .

6- Ask them to pass the Credentials .

7- A Screen with a message appears  " No Token allocated ".

8- Open the QMC with Admin Credentials ,

9- Now go to user. And You will see the User who clicks on that URL and Pass the Credentials there is coming in the List.

now provide them the appropriate token you need.

Hope this will Helps You.

chanchalsharma
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi All ,

Thanks a lot for all responses.

I have seen video and followed all the steps mentioned in the video and also checked that sync option but not get single user in the list .

As Gaurav suggested ,I have followed all the steps and got that user in user list to whom I have given the url.

But I am not able to get option to provide credential that user .

I have provided the content admin role to that user but user not able to see the application .

Also user is getting "an error occurred" message instead of "no token allocated" message .

I have attached screen shot of that error for reference.

Thanks in advance

Chanchal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chanchal,

Hope you are doing good.

The Credentials for the user are the same as they have in your Active Directory.

and for the error in screenshot please confirm , where are you using this ie: Windows/android or Mac/iphone/ipad

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Connection lost in the Hub, depending on the OS used (so do report that), generally means there's an issue with your websocket origin white list. If you are accessing the Sense site via a URL like qliksense.company.com then you will need to add that value to the QMC > Virtual Proxies > Edit > Advanced > websocket origin white list.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Chanchal,

Try unchecking the "Fetch user data on first access and keep in sync" and run your task. Once the task has run sucessfully, check it back again.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chanchal,

Is that Problem is Fixed ?

chanchalsharma
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Many thanks to all of you .

As of now I am able to get those users in users list who tried to access the application.

If I need to provide rights to a particular users to a particular application , that still I am not able to do .

Please guide.

Thanks in advance

Chanchal