Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcayer622
Contributor
Contributor

Not seeing new field in target QVD that was added to source QVD

This is how we get data from our DB2 environment into Qlik:

DB2 environment -> Qlik QVD (Source - it acts as a fact table) -> Qlik (Target - Our BI app)

The Source QVD is created by a script that pulls data from the DB2 environment. This data is then consumed by the Target QVD from the Source QVD for BI purposes. Yesterday, I added a new field to the script that creates the Source QVD. I manually triggered the task that runs the script to source the data from DB2 to the Source QVD, no issues. We have a bunch of triggered tasks that run between 3-4am and when I checked those this morning, they all ran fine.

After I double checked to make sure that the new field was still in the updated Source QVD (which the new field was there), I went into the Target QVD that I wanted to add the new field to. When I put the target QVD in edit mode, I went looking for the new field in the "Field" dropdown... no luck... the new field was not there. I checked the data model of the Target QVD, and under the Source QVD in the data model map I did not see the new field.

Is there a step that I am missing? Any advice anyone has to offer would be incredibly helpful

3 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Did you add the new field in the script for the Target QVD?  A lot of times, the fields used in a presentation application are specifically identified in the script and any new fields need to be added.

Nate

rcayer622
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Nate for the suggestion. The script appears to source the entire dataset from the Source QVD, no fields are specified. Here's how it's being pulled in  We pull in the Source QVD data this way.

ControlFiles:
LOAD * INLINE [
FILENAME

SourceQVDName
SalesDetai
SalesRep
Company

];

CALL IncludeFile(Script.Inline.ControlTableListLoad)

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What is in the IncludeFile?  Is it possible that there are fields being called specifically?

Nate