Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

ODAG App Navigation links reserve the name indefinitely???

Hi Experts,

I was wondering if you also came across this issue - it looks to me that app navigation links reserve the object names indefinitely and this prevents us from re-using the same name even after the previous navigation link has been deleted. This is definitely different behavior from any other objects (as we are able to create 2 master measures or charts with the same name!).

We decided to follow the ODAG approach and we were testing various options, which means we have created multiple app navigation links, not knowingly "reserving" names which could be used in our Beta releases... That's when we first came across this issue. As we are also forced to segment our data into two selection apps (very similar UI, different measures) we require to have app navigation links with the same name in both apps. Unfortunately - we are not able to create 2 app navigation links with the same name... Is there anything we can do to at least release the previously used names? All ideas will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Michalina

mto

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We have now logged this with Qlik Support.

One thing my colleague was able to establish - if you remembered to remove app link button from one app, you will indeed be able to create an app link with the same name in different app. So that's one thing kind of resolved at least.

However - if you deleted the app completely prior to deleting the app link within it, the names of app links are still reserved unfortunately. And the second issue - i.e. not being able to create 2 app links with the same name - is still ongoing and we haven't come up with any solution to it yet.

If anyone has any ideas on how we can handle it - please let us know.

Thanks,

Michalina

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We have now logged this with Qlik Support.

One thing my colleague was able to establish - if you remembered to remove app link button from one app, you will indeed be able to create an app link with the same name in different app. So that's one thing kind of resolved at least.

However - if you deleted the app completely prior to deleting the app link within it, the names of app links are still reserved unfortunately. And the second issue - i.e. not being able to create 2 app links with the same name - is still ongoing and we haven't come up with any solution to it yet.

If anyone has any ideas on how we can handle it - please let us know.

Thanks,

Michalina

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

FWIW, this still seems to be an issue in QSE Feb 2020.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!