Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

[ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid password.

Hi Experts,

I need help please. I am trying to connect to a MS Access DB via the network. I successfully created an ODBC connection. I am able to see the table structure etc when I select data. But when I reload I get the below error. I did search the forum, and saw that some people suggested using the JET 4.0 driver on OLE DB but this also doesnt work. I cannot make a connection to the DB this way...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Wynand

Error.......

Started loading data

Connecting to datasource1 (user)

Connected

Connecting to datasource1 (user)

Connected

The following error occurred:

Connector reply error: SQL##f - SqlState: 42000, ErrorCode: 4294965391, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Not a valid password.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi All,

I managed to get a workaround. I downloaded QlikView on the same machine and set the connection, via standard ODBC after downlading the Microsoft Access database engine redistributable 2010 64bit drivers.

I then switched off Standard Mode in QMC and am now using the exact same connection string in Sense. It is working for now.

Thanks,

Wynand

View solution in original post

1 Reply
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi All,

I managed to get a workaround. I downloaded QlikView on the same machine and set the connection, via standard ODBC after downlading the Microsoft Access database engine redistributable 2010 64bit drivers.

I then switched off Standard Mode in QMC and am now using the exact same connection string in Sense. It is working for now.

Thanks,

Wynand