Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Object Security

With security rules, is there a way to restrict access to certain users or groups to sheets within an app?  If so, can you please share the security rule syntax?

Can you limit certain users to not be able to see certain charts within a sheet?

Thanks,

5 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sean,

You can actually restrict access to certain sheets in an app using a syntax like this: Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 11.07.10 PM.png

Please refer to this thread: Sheet level Section Access in Qlik Sense ?? for detailed information.

I am not sure if the restriction can be made to objects in a sheet but it can be done for sheets and stories for sure.

Hope this answers your question!

- Sangram

vikasmahajan

Object level section access

See Jagan's reply.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the response. I see how this ill grant access to user 1 and the if you wanted to add another user you can do that. However, let’s say you have 50 users, can you just restrict user 1?

Not applicable
Author

This is a Qlikview solution, charts are not referenced the same in Qlik sense, i.e. CH01, CH02 etc

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Sean,

Yes that can be done, create a security rule only for that one user and it should work fine.

you can get he chart id from the URL in the single object configuration

Capture.PNG