Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larisabaciu
Contributor
Contributor

On Demand App Generation

Hi,

Do you know how could be possible to generate automatically the app on demands for a base application? What I want is to generate all the on demand apps for all the values for a specific field. Is this possible, maybe using the Qlik Api's? Please advise me. Thank you. 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
David_Fergen
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Larisabaciu,

That is a great question! It is possible, and here is a guide that explains how to do it.

Let me know if you do have any other questions!

Thanks,

David

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @larisabaciu , The above response doesn't really cover what it seems you are asking. The ODAG help doesn't go into a solution that automatically or on a scheduled basis covers all the ODAG dimension generations possible. It merely covers off the standard ODAG scenarios. According to this Ideas posting, a solution to this is being developed however and Thomas Hopp is a very trustworthy source. In the meantime you should be able to craft something yourself via the APIs as you've suggested.

Cheers,

Rod

larisabaciu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Rodj, could you give me some advice about using the APIs for this, please? Thank you 

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @larisabaciu , I don't know what situation you are in or what knowledge you have to provide a very useful answer. Regardless, I'd start by taking a look at the documentation for the ODAG Service API and the help on connecting to it. If you are new to working with the Qlik Sense API's I'd take a look through the Qlik Sense for Developers help pages and perhaps the https://developer.qlik.com/ website.

From what you've said I imagine you'll want to develop an application/program that calls the ODAG Service API in a loop to generate apps for each of a dimension value (or group of values) that you have.

Rod

larisabaciu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Rodj . Yes, indeed, that is what I want to develop and I am completely new in using ODAG Service Api. I just created the app and the template for the app on demand and now I have to generate this automatically.