Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

One app accesss to multiple developers in QlikSense

Hi All,

I have an application imported in QlikSense QMC and would like to give dev permissions to more than 1 developer.

I tried below method,

In Apps -> Edit, it is allowing to change owner to another but restricted to one. If I am trying to add " (WORKGROUP\administrator)" as owner, it's not showing the application in Hub-> My works for all the developers.

Please advise if this can't be given to more than one developer.

Thank you.

Regards,

Chenna

12 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Hi Chenna - this definitely breaks the out of box paradigm of Qlik Sense, although there may be customized approaches to do joint development with help of the APIs.

Basically an app on the server is either unpublished or published.

If its published than the load script and approved sheets,bookmarks and stories cannot be edited.

When its unpublished its still available on the hub but only in the 'my work' area of the owner of the application. There is only one owner.  So there is a workflow to go through the owner to update/change the approved content.

Would you be looking to modify this to have 'group' work areas so that a team of developers can develop on a single app ?   I can make some inquiries .. let me know if that is what you are after.

Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

Hi Chenna,

If you would like to allow accesses to multiple users on Hub > My works, you can realize it by security rules. Starting from p.84 in the following document, several examples of security rules are provided:

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/pdf/Managing%20a%20Qlik%20Sense%20Site.pdf

And, for instance, "Security rules example: Creating QMC organizational admin roles" on p.87 grants department admin user full access rights to apps created by users belonging to the department. I believe you can get an insight on what you are trying to do from these examples.

Masaki

Not applicable
Author

Jonathan -- This is interesting. Is there a best practice for multiple user development on one app in Qlik Sense?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Its a good question. I think we need to start with how to do multideveloper / one application in the first place before gettig into best practices . 

IN4BI and EBI Insights are some commercially available add-ons that support this capability for Qlik Sense.  They both leverage the Sense APIs to do this.

Of course you can just use the APIs yourself. Two samples on branch of people doing this. I would suggest signing up for slack channel on branch to get some API assistance with the samples or your own code.

Qlik Branch

Qlik Branch

From a best practices standpoint I think the conversation becomes about how best to leverage the API and this is a little beyond me. 

Just remember that apps have some or all of the following in them. You may not need to manage all of these in a source control solution

- load script

- images

- extensions

- data source connections

- Sheets

- Stories