Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

OneDrive and QS desktop; The engine could not be unlocked. Please retry.

I can't get Qlik Sense desktop to work (stable) on my laptop.

I've been around since day one of Qlik Sense desktop. I installed it probably a hundred times by now and never had any problems.

... till now...

My current assumption is that OneDrive "kills" Qlik Sense desktop. I like to get that confirmed or disproven.

Here is what I did:

• I have installed February 2018 on my new laptop. Worked.
  • Restarted it a week later: Failed to work, giving me a popup with "The engine could not be unlocked. Please retry.".
  • De-installed. Installed again. Still failed to work.
  • De-installed, rebooted laptop, installed again. Still failed to work.
  • De-installed, deleted all related folders left behind, installed again. Still failed to work.
  • De-installed, de-installed IIS (hoping that portal stuff might be causing the problem), [repeat previous steps]. Still failed to work.
  • Gave up.
  • Today tried again, but this time installed April 2018. Low and behold; it worked!
  • Copied a bunch of my apps back, hit "refresh", and they all showed up.
  • ... so... Now it feels like the problem is solved. Till I closed QS, restarted... and the problem is back. Failed to work giving the popup mentioned earlier.
  • Closed QS, deleted the whole Qlik folder in "my documents", restarted... works again. Lowsy, but okay. QS created the Qlik folder again.
  • Didn't do anything (so no apps), closed QS, restarted... failed to work.
  • Closed QS, deleted Qlik folder, paused OneDrive from syncing, restarted QS... worked.
  • Kept OneDrive paused, closed QS, copied my examples back in, restarted QS... still works!
  • Closed QS, unpaused OneDrive, waited a few minutes till it is 100% synced, start QS... aaaaaaaaand it is broken again.

Questions:

• Does anyone else have problems with QS Desktop in combination with OneDrive?
  • Can anyone confirm that OneDrive is indeed causing this problem (as I am not 100% sure yet, thought can't figure out what else might cause my problem)?
  • Did you solve it? How?

... and yes... so far it seems "just not use OneDrive" is the solution, but that is kinda hard when it is company standard.

May you live in interesting times!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kirill_Golovanov

Hi,

The issue can be solved with help of the following article:

https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000050457

If not, don't hesitate to contact Qlik Support for assistance.

***If the hyperlink doesn't work for some reasons, please copy and paste it in a new tab.

Regards,

Qlik Support

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

HI Onno

I've had the exact same issue and its related to having a new windows 10 laptop with the OneDrive sync.

The solution was to do a custom install and changing the default path

from

C:\Users\(Username)\OneDrive\Documents\Qlik

to:

C:\Users\(Username)\Documents\Qlik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andy.

I had exactly the same problem. Solved!

Thanks!

Kirill_Golovanov

Hi,

The issue can be solved with help of the following article:

https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000050457

If not, don't hesitate to contact Qlik Support for assistance.

***If the hyperlink doesn't work for some reasons, please copy and paste it in a new tab.

Regards,

Qlik Support

GOPI
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Our organization has everything in oneDrive, for many there is no local folders,

Everything is on ONEDRIVE, the next challenge, we cannot install anything outside, we have go through shopping center and the app gets pushed to the users,

The app not is installed on few users laptop and I am thinking can we change some INI file or conf file within the QLIK (after it has been installed) to point to a local folder?

The only conf file I see is service.conf.  Is there a parameter I can set in any of the conf files which will let me change the Directory?

regards

GOPI

Paperinik
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem with my NEW first installation.

No OneDrive enabled.