Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III

Only show last 12 months on a chart

Hi,

I have spent ages looking at this and cant find a way to make it work. I have a number of graphs/tables i only want to show a set amount of months for (normally last 12)

Currently i am using this autocalendar function to display the month in my data: 

[Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]

anyone got any ideas how to do this? 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks KC I actually managed to solve it myself, created a variable for CurrentMonth-12 used the month start function

then used the below calculated dimension and excluded null values

=
If([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.Date]>=[CurrentMonth-12],([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]),null)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Jgreen,

May be this:

Use this as your calculated dimension

If([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth] >= AddMonths(max([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]), -12), Date)

Just make sure the format of the filed and Addmonths outcome is same.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks KC but that just seems to give me an error
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

try this,

If([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth] >= AddMonths(max([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]), -12), [Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth])

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

already tried that and no luck, would it be best to do the calculation before the autocalendar conversion to Month? or will that not effect it
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried just doing this:

=If([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.Date] >= AddMonths(max([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.Date]), -12), [Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.Date])

so no month calculation, the expression is fine but it says it is an "invalid dimension"
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Jgreen,

Can you please check what is the value your are getting when you put below expression in a text box ? The format of the expression should be same as your date field.

AddMonths(max([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.Date]), -12)

if not, then simply add date( exp,'your date format') and give it a try.

Else please share a sample so it will be helpful to troubleshoot.

You can implement this logic after creating the master calendar.

Br,

KC

Best Regards,
KC
jgreen95
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks KC I actually managed to solve it myself, created a variable for CurrentMonth-12 used the month start function

then used the below calculated dimension and excluded null values

=
If([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.Date]>=[CurrentMonth-12],([Inspection Logged-Notification Created Date.autoCalendar.YearMonth]),null)