Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II

Only show row if specific value in column

Hey everyone,

I have a table where in one column I have 2 alternating values. I only want the rows of saif table to be shown if the value in the column is "1". Since the column is a measure and not a dimension I dont know how to exclude null values.

This is the formula I'm using for the column:

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'}>}[Inc Status Display String])

Although it says to count the values the only 2 options that can occure are "1" and "-".

Thx for the help in advance 🙂

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think simply disable the null values using "Suppress when value is null" 

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Excuse me for asking that stupid but where do I find that function?

As I said I did not know you could suppres null values for measures. I thought you could only do that for dimensions?

Greets,

Yannik

ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

clipboard_image_0.png

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Which object you are using? Are you not seeing "Data Handling" --> Option?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I do not even know how to enter the menu shown in the picture 😕

Sorry but I really am very new to this.

anseglko
Creator
Creator

I think he's using Qlik Sense, not View

In Qlik Sense you can deselect "Include Null Values" from the dimension of your table. So press the table and then on the right panel click the first tab which should be the main column of your table.

ChennaiahNallani
Creator III
Creator III

clipboard_image_1.png

clipboard_image_2.png

YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey everyone 🙂

Thx for the support!!

Still this does not solve my problem. I found the data handling and tried to unselect the zero values but no results. Do I have to specify the formula which is given within the data handling? Maybe select the column I want the zero values to be excluded from?

Greets,

Yannik

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Could you please share your sample work file to test? Perhaps this way?

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'}>} If(Len([Inc Status Display String])>0 or Not IsNull([Inc Status Display String]), [Inc Status Display String])