Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Option to export not available

Hi,

I am unable to export the data in my app to Excel.  With some of my charts, when I right-click I only get the option to "Take Snapshot" - the "Export Data" option does not appear.  On other charts, I get both options when I right-click.  Can anyone help me to turn on this option for all my charts?

Thanks,

Jasmine

3 Replies
r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jasmine,

on what kind of graphs the export option is missing? Did you mean same type of chart or different types?

As far as I know there is no option to enable/disable "Export data" but there are charts which not support data export yet, like Map or pivot table. Also when you use extensions it could be possible that "Export data" is not supported yet for these objects.

Let me know if this answer your question.

Regards,

Ronny

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ronny,

Thanks for the reply.

One of the chart types is a pivot table, so that makes sense.  However, it is also happening with some regular bar charts as well.  I have set expressions in some of the bar charts - is that what you mean by an extension?

Part of the reason that I wanted to export the data was actually to test that I had written my set expressions correctly by comparing against Excel calculations.

Thanks,

Jasmine

r_wroblewski
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Jasmine,

Extensions are additional e.g. visualizations, which you can install additionally to Sense.

Finding, Installing, and Using Qlik Sense Visualization Extensions

"Export data" should be available for regular bar charts.

Can you share an example svf.file, with dummy data, where this problem exist ?

Regards,

Ronny