Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Oracle View with Incremental Data

Dear Experts,

I have a view in Oracle with around 50 tables and all have Last Update Date and Creation Date columns. If i get the view in Qlik Sense How can i load incremental data from view to Qlik Sense.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

Same as normal Incremental load

1, Create the QVD table first.

2. Then perform the Incremental load on this table and use History table later

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply.

That view table has around 50 tables. Do i have to write incremental load for each individual table. Can i have some example code for understanding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to give a definitive answer without seeing the view & underlying table structures.

But probably you'll need to work against all the Last Update Date and Creation Date columns from all the tables.

You say you have 50 tables so I suspect most will be Dimensions and the rest Facts.

• For the dimensions you may or may not wish to treat them as slowly changing dimensions
  • If not then it make things much easier

I would investigate the option of not extracting from the database view at all and go direct to the underlying tables.  Many of the dimension columns could be better handled via a Qlik Mapping Table / ApplyMap().

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Most of the tables have mix data i mean dimension + facts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this case,the table size could be used as criteria.  Use incremental for the large tables, and don't bother with the small ones.
What to consider small/large is up to you.  I typically wouldn't use incremental load if full load takes less than a few minutes.