Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Oracle View with Incremental Data

Dear Experts,

I have a view in Oracle with around 50 tables and all have Last Update Date and Creation Date columns. If i get the view in Qlik Sense How can i load incremental data from view to Qlik Sense.

Regards,

Zahid Rahim

5 Replies
its_anandrjs

Same as normal Incremental load

1, Create the QVD table first.

2. Then perform the Incremental load on this table and use History table later

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply.

That view table has around 50 tables. Do i have to write incremental load for each individual table. Can i have some example code for understanding.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to give a definitive answer without seeing the view & underlying table structures.

But probably you'll need to work against all the Last Update Date and Creation Date columns from all the tables.

You say you have 50 tables so I suspect most will be Dimensions and the rest Facts.

• For the dimensions you may or may not wish to treat them as slowly changing dimensions
  • If not then it make things much easier

I would investigate the option of not extracting from the database view at all and go direct to the underlying tables.  Many of the dimension columns could be better handled via a Qlik Mapping Table / ApplyMap().

zahidrahim_ocp
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Most of the tables have mix data i mean dimension + facts.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In this case,the table size could be used as criteria.  Use incremental for the large tables, and don't bother with the small ones.
What to consider small/large is up to you.  I typically wouldn't use incremental load if full load takes less than a few minutes.