Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dolly777
Contributor III
Contributor III

Other filter selection should not effect the result?

Hi All,

If I select only [Seller Company Name] as a filter and any other filter selection should not affect the result  - that is my requirement   ,

So I writing the expression following way

If (if([Seller Company Name]= '$(VsellerCompany)',Rangesum(Above(sum({1<[FY and Quarter]={'FY17 Q4'},[Seller Company Name]={'$(=VsellerCompany)'}>}[Sales_ Amount]),0,Rowno())), Rangesum(Above(sum({1<[FY and Quarter]={'FY17 Q4'}>}[Sales_Amount]),0,Rowno())) )

But problem is that if I select only  [Seller Company Name] as a filter that time I get correct result but if I select  along with [Seller Company Name]    any other filter  it gives wrong result . Actually other filter also effect the results that is my issue

Thanks

Nirmala

5 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Nirmala

I'm not sure about the purpose of the expression you have. Could you please explain little bit more and also tell us what is the value/Exp behind the VsellerCompany.

It could be better if you have provided a sample application or screenshots.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

what is the expression for VSellerCompany?

i guess alternate state will help you here.Put the required filter in a different state. calculate expression when the filter is selected in the alternate state else do the calculation in normal state.

hope this helps.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
dolly777
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

To store the selected value using alternate state

GetFieldSelction(Variable) ,if we use in variable overview window using alternate state it gives wrong result

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

hi

GetFieldSelections ( field_name [, value_sep [, max_values] [ ,ALternate state]])

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to show the issue?