Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom-tom
Contributor
Contributor

PDF export issues

Hi!

I am regularly exporting sheets to PDF. For this reason I adapted the layout of the sheets in question to come out the way I want them to in the resulting PDF. 

However, the last two QlikSense Updates came with some - to my knowledge undocumented - changes to the way sheets are exported to PDF.

Since the penultimate update I am having issues with font sizes within visualizations such as tables. The the text/values within the tables is/are not enlarged as a table expands to cover the available space.

Since the last update certain viualizations are not exported at all. For example the Multi-KPI from the visualization bundle is missing from all my exported PDF files.

Did anyone also come across these issues or could provide me with any help?

8 Replies
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

I am also experiencing this problem. Multi KPI is the main issue for me. Could really use a fix! 

Giuseppe_Novello

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/creat...

Please read under " Limitations of visualization extension bundles supplied by Qlik" 

"Exporting to image, PDF or Excel is not supported."

For the "The the text/values within the tables is/are not enlarged as a table expands to cover the available space." Can you provide a example that replicate? provide also exact Qlik version, unfortunately, I cannot determine such with "penultimate update"terms. 

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Steven_Haught
Creator III
Creator III

Why did it just recently stop exporting then? It was exporting before the most recent update? 

Giuseppe_Novello

As far I can tell its always been like this, since the Visualization bundle were release. Anyways, it is documented and as it described "unsupported".

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
tom-tom
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Concerning the visualization bundle: I can second what was said there, it worked just fine until the July 2019 update.

Concerning sizing/scaling/ratio: As far as I can remember the changes occured when I updated to the April (?) 2019 version. Before, when fitting a sheet to a desired output size (A4 for example), a table used up all the space in the x direction and the font sizes were enlarged accordingly. Ever since, when a table is resized to take up the entire width of a page, the font sizes don't change. Don't get me wrong here, the way sheets are exporting got a lot better, it is way more predictable than before when it actually was a lot of trial an error. Maybe adding an option to change font sizes in all the standard visualizations might be a solution (as is possible in the Multi-KPI-visualization).

shokyee4869
Partner - Contributor III

I do facing the same issue where unable to export multi KPI into PDF.

Where I study the help file it do mention multi KPI is available for export.

Refer to Capture.JPG and the link https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/create-vi...

Whether Qlik support can look into this matter?

Giuseppe_Novello

Well then I suggest to go ahead a open a support ticket. 

Best Regards,

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
shokyee4869

Obtain from Qlik Support which the fixed is released on April 2020 version