Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II

Pass selection in qliksense web url

Hi All,

Is it possible to pass selections in Qliksense through web url?

I found something in Help.

Syntax: Base URL + selection in single field

http://<machinename | servername>/{virtual proxy}/sense/app/{appid}/sheet/{sheetid}/state/analysis/select/{field}/{value1;value2}

But this is not working for me.

Please let me know if anyone get success in this.

BR,

Neha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Neha,

I used the following URL and it works: SENSESERVER/sense/app/456942a2-d3e2-40a5-bad6-985e80294f05/sheet/2c6000a4-44a4-49aa-9590-f111e880bda9/state/analysis/select/Dim1/B/select/Dim2/c;d

selections.jpg

Mathias

View solution in original post

7 Replies
m_s
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello Neha,

I used the following URL and it works: SENSESERVER/sense/app/456942a2-d3e2-40a5-bad6-985e80294f05/sheet/2c6000a4-44a4-49aa-9590-f111e880bda9/state/analysis/select/Dim1/B/select/Dim2/c;d

selections.jpg

Mathias

nehasaxena
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. This also works for me now. I was using brackets. Didn't know it will work without using any braces.

raajeshn
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi All,

In case this helps anybody ....

My Data had a backslash ( / ) and the above method failed there. After some try, I identified that you could include the selection in square brackets to make it work. For Ex, if your field name is KPI and possible selection could be KM/H., then your URL should be ....../select/KPI/[KM/H]

Thanks & Regards,

Raajesh N

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Neha,
Can you share the
var prefix =
var config =
and the require.config part please?

As per the documentation, i have followed each and every part. Not sure where i am going wrong.
appreciate your help.
Thanks

qliktime
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Late response to the thread but I finally found out the correct syntax for "escaping" field values, which is square brackets. The "share" button on more recent sense versions is an easy way to get the syntax right. Anyway my example was a numeric field converted to text field, which requires brackets.

If the load script looks like

NoConcatenate
tmp1:
load 1 as NumericField AutoGenerate 1;
load 2 as NumericField AutoGenerate 1;
load 3 as NumericField AutoGenerate 1;

NoConcatenate
tmp2:
load text(NumericField) as [TextField]
Resident tmp1;
;

then you can pass selections on the numeric field without brackets. But on TextField the brackets are needed, as e.g. in

..../state/analysis/options/clearselections/select/TextField/[1]/select/NumericField/[1];[2]

where semicolon is used to separate multiple values in the same field.

Hope it saves someone else some time.

tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

What if my Dimensions and Values have spaces?

kowal
Contributor II
Contributor II