Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinisefrin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Password protect an app Is it possible in Qlik Sense Cloud Business?

Hello people,
In Qlik Sense Cloud Business is it possible to protect an app with a password?
I tried with Section Access, but did not accept, the following error message:

Binary [lib: //xxx/Root/Preload.qvw]
INLFED << d883c1ec-b10d-4005-9ae0-dc58481422f2
Searched lines: 1
Access was denied after loading. Check that the user who loads the script is included in the section accessing the script section.
The data was not loaded. Troubleshoot the error and try loading again.

I ask for the following case, I have a client who accesses the Cloud only once or twice a month, and I would like to share 1 app with an employee, so 1 app would have a password and the other would not.
As he has very little access, he doesn't want to pay for another license, since 99% of the month the cloud is idle.

How could I solve this problem?

Thanks !

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Vinisefrin - you can provide access rights to certain shared spaces to control visibility to apps - but that would require different user accounts, hence another seat which you stated they don't want to pay for. I believe it is $30 per user per month. There really isn't any other way I can think of to circumvent this. (I see what you are saying - password protect like you would a PDF or WORD document for example.)

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

HI Vinisefrin - you can provide access rights to certain shared spaces to control visibility to apps - but that would require different user accounts, hence another seat which you stated they don't want to pay for. I believe it is $30 per user per month. There really isn't any other way I can think of to circumvent this. (I see what you are saying - password protect like you would a PDF or WORD document for example.)

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik