cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mskusace
Creator
Creator

Permanently Filter out Data in Certain Visualizations

I have a data set that has "STATUS" as a field. There are 4 possibilities for "STATUS". For one of my tables, I want to permanently filter out one particular "STATUS" so it does not even show up. However, I do not want to remove it from the data as I may use it in other visualizations or calculations. 

Below is a small sample of what my data looks like. I would like to filter out the "FINAL" so it does not appear at all in my table, nor is it an option for users to display on that particular table. It this possible and if so, how would I accomplish this?

IDCOLORSTATUS
WA13GREENFINAL
WZ14REDDUE
DB59ORANGEDUE
KF25GREENCURRENT
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If STATUS is the only dimension in the chart you can filter out FINAL and keep the nulls by defining the Dimension column as:

=aggr(only({<STATUS-={'FINAL'}>}STATUS), STATUS)

If you have multiple Dimensions, it's probably easier to add the set expression to the Measure.  

Can you  share what your final chart will look like?

-Rob

View solution in original post

14 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Sum ({<STATUS-={'FINAL'}>}Sales)

Use the set analysis {<STATUS-={'FINAL'}>} in the expression of yours

Learning never stops.
mskusace
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for the reply. Where would I put that? I am not familiar with set analysis. I recently received another answer that used set analysis as well.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

Can you tell me your dimension and expression . It will be easier o help as you are new to set analysis.

Learning never stops.
mskusace
Creator
Creator
Author

My dimension is [STATUS] and it can be "FINAL", "DUE", or "CURRENT". I do not want to "FINAL" to show up on this particular table at all.

The field is "=[STATUS]".

I hope that is what you were asking. Please let me know if you need more information!

emrekaya
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can use if condition in the table dimensions. 

if(status=final,null(),status) and then you can uncheck the " show null values"

mskusace
Creator
Creator
Author

Excellent, that did it! 

What if there is a case where I would like it to show NULL values in case there is a pre-existing NULL value that I would like to see?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

if([STATUS] ='FINAL',Null(),[STATUS])

Try the above.

Learning never stops.
emrekaya
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can leave the null values on the table but then it may be confusing. I have no solution for the second part of the question. 

If you accept my solution as a solution, I would be glad. Thanks 🙂

mskusace
Creator
Creator
Author

If my table was like the table below:

IDCOLORSTATUS
WA13GREENFINAL
WZ14REDDUE
DB59ORANGEDUE
KF25GREENCURRENT
DZ42YELLOW(NULL)

I would want to display DZ42, but NOT WA13 because the STATUS = FINAL. Would that be possible through another method?