cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjaminway
Contributor II
Contributor II

Permission to delete entire App in QS Hub

I have setup a single node Qlik Sense site on Server 2012 and learning how to manage it.  I have noticed that we are not able to delete unpublished apps in the "My Work" section from within the Qlik Sense Hub.  Even when logged in to the Hub as my Root Admin account I cannot delete an app from within the Hub under the My Work section that I created using that same account.  No menu pops up when I right-click on the app on this page:

MyWorkNoDeleteOption.jpg

If you are able to create your own app from scratch I would think you should be able to delete your own unpublished app in the My Work section too.

I ran an Audit of the security rules to my app to confirm I have permission to delete and the Owner rule would seem to state that I should have permission to delete this unpublished app:

AuditPerms.JPG

I can delete sheets, stories, bookmarks from within the app without issue from the Hub.  I am just not able to delete the app itself from the Hub.

I am aware that you can delete apps from within the QMC as I read in the documentation but it would be better to let Designers/Developers delete their own unpublished apps in their My Work section than having an admin do that for them in the QMC.

https://help.qlik.com/sense/en-US/online/index.html#../Subsystems/WorkingWith/Content/Apps/DeleteApp...

I saw this discussion but it seems to regard running the Hub from Qlik Sense Desktop.  Where as I am running Hub from a Site on a Server platform.  We are running version 1.0.2 SR2.

http://community.qlik.com/message/580204#580204

Thank you,

Ben

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

On Sense Desktop if you right click on the app, you are able to delete.

Is the behaviour different on server's Hub?

BR

Serhan

benjaminway
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Serhan, that is what I am seeing in my Qlik Sense Hub server platform.  So I am asking if this is a permission issue or a design limitation and if it is a permission issue how do I address it.

Thank you,

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Ben,

I tested it with some colleagues. You are right.

But I believe this is intended behaviour since most of the actions are done from QMC by admins in Sense (such as publishing). I agree with you that it is not ideal though. A user should be able to delete the unpublished work.

BR

Serhan