Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonwills
Contributor II
Contributor II

Pie Charts: Showing Percentage of Two Values

Hi All,

I have data in two tables, which is all sales data.

I can show the Sum(Revenue) for each table, which is fine.

The problem comes when I'd like to show these in a pie chart.

for example

if Sum(Revenue) come to 75000 and Sum(OtherRevenue) comes to 25000, then I'd like to pie chart to show 75% and 25% for them..

Anyone have any pointers?

Many Thanks

Jason

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

On QlikView, you can set multiple measures with no dimension for a pie chart, but on the other hand, you can only set one measure with a dimension as a mandatory input on Qlik Sense.

So, one way to pile up measure values on Qlik Sense pie chart is to use ValueList function as the following example:

Dimension: =ValueList('Revenue','OtherRevenue')

Measure: IF(ValueList('Revenue','OtherRevenue')='Revenue',Sum(Revenue), Sum(OtherRevenue))

Here is an explanation on ValueList().

ValueList() – For those tricky situations

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maximiliano_vel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Create the Pie with no dimensions and the two expressions you need.

Regards

Masaki_Hamano
Employee
Employee

On QlikView, you can set multiple measures with no dimension for a pie chart, but on the other hand, you can only set one measure with a dimension as a mandatory input on Qlik Sense.

So, one way to pile up measure values on Qlik Sense pie chart is to use ValueList function as the following example:

Dimension: =ValueList('Revenue','OtherRevenue')

Measure: IF(ValueList('Revenue','OtherRevenue')='Revenue',Sum(Revenue), Sum(OtherRevenue))

Here is an explanation on ValueList().

ValueList() – For those tricky situations

jasonwills
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Masaki,

worked a treat, many thanks for that.

And thankyou for the detailed response and pointer to the ValueList function - I'm sure that's going to help me out a lot.

Thanks again.

Jason

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Masaki,

It worked like a charm. I just would like to add that you can used with as many measures as you want. All you have to do is nest the IF statements.

ex:

Dimension=  ValueList('[Total Base Charges]','[Total Accessorials]','[Total Fuel Surcharges]')

Measure=

IF(ValueList('[Total Base Charges]','[Total Accessorials]','[Total Fuel Surcharges]')='[Total Base Charges]',

Sum([Total Base Charges]),

If(ValueList('[Total Base Charges]','[Total Accessorials]','[Total Fuel Surcharges]')='[Total Accessorials]',

Sum([Total Accessorials]),

If(ValueList('[Total Base Charges]','[Total Accessorials]','[Total Fuel Surcharges]')='[Total Fuel Surcharges]',

Sum([Total Fuel Surcharges]))))

Thanks for the tip

Not applicable

Hi,

See if you can help with following question

How to make pie chart of sum of metrices as dimensions ?

Not applicable

Hi,

See, if you can help on this quesion, it is on similar lines as this post

How to make pie chart of sum of metrices as dimensions ?