Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II

Pie chart functionalities

Good Morning,

I'm prototyping some Sense dashboard since september. I've noticed a different behaviour between my Sense Desktop installation and other colleagues one, that installed Sense Dashboard during almost last month. If I go with the mouse over a pie chart, a "button" appears to enlarge it:

Senza nome.png

Furthermore with a right click I'm able to export data and create a snapshot. Same QVF, my colleagues doesn't get same behaviour. If they get over the chart nothing happens, but with a right click here's what they get:

Senza nome3.png

Also, if I go over every section a pop-up appears with data summary:

Senza nome2.png

To get same pop-up my colleagues must click onto a section (in this case activating selection mode on the chart).

Furthermore during your yesterday's event in Milan I've noticed that you corrected the translations of "Condividi" to "Share", but this correction isn't available in last Sense Desktop version, as you can notice in 3rd image.

Could you explain those behaviours differences ? The interesting thing is that I'd uninstalled Sense and reinstalled with latest version and nothing has changed !!!

Thanks in advance.

Paolo.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Paolo,

You're collegue is using a hybrid device which has both mouse and touch interactions. So they are currently experiencing the touch behaviour on charts, can easily be tested by doing interactions with their screens.

We are working on improvements in this area.

Regards,

Patrik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Do you all have the same version  ?  There was the beta  (0.96), the GA (1.0) in september, and most recently an update (1.0.1) in November.

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Paolo,

You're collegue is using a hybrid device which has both mouse and touch interactions. So they are currently experiencing the touch behaviour on charts, can easily be tested by doing interactions with their screens.

We are working on improvements in this area.

Regards,

Patrik

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Jonathan, yes we all have (now) the same version (1.0.1)

paolo_mapelli
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Patrik, I suppose this to be the right answer. The only difference between me and my colleagues is that I'm using a "classic" docked laptop and the others an ultrabook (docked either). So I guess that an ultrabook is "recognised" as an hybrid device.

Thanks indeed and regards.

Paolo.

p.s.: I wasn't able to add this answer to your post because of errors from website, don't know why...