Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjamesking
Creator
Creator

Pie chart loses color with alternate dimension

Anyone come across this.

Simple pie chart, Colors set to auto. Works fine....

Add an alternate dimension and when you select this new dimension the chart loses colr, everything turns grey. Flip back to original dimension - it's fine.

I've tried it with other pie charts - same result

Is this a known issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, this is a known issue. It's documented in the Release Notes in the :Known issues and limitation" section.

"Coloring does not work for alternative dimensions in Qlik Sense 3.1 and later. The color is grayed out.".

I don't have any information as to why this limitation exists or if it will be removed. Perhaps someone from Qlik will chime in?

-Rob

View solution in original post

11 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, this is a known issue. It's documented in the Release Notes in the :Known issues and limitation" section.

"Coloring does not work for alternative dimensions in Qlik Sense 3.1 and later. The color is grayed out.".

I don't have any information as to why this limitation exists or if it will be removed. Perhaps someone from Qlik will chime in?

-Rob

mjamesking
Creator
Creator
Author

‌thanks Rob.

I saw a similar issue with a stacked Bar chart with a calculated dimenuon.

Works when you first build it, edit it and it goes grey. Only way to fix is to convert to pivot table, then back to bar chart.

Color magically returns! 

Matt

(off to read the release notes   )

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

Hi Matt & Rob,

This is actually a bug and will be fixed for the September release. When you use auto it should just work.

The limitation we have is that if you create a visualization and then set it to color by a dimension you color it by the dimension that is set. Then when you switch to an alternative dimension you are still coloring by the previous dimension that is still set. Which is why it can turn gray.

We are working on adding an option to color by the currently used dimension.

Best regards,

Patrik.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks for the input Patrik.

-Rob

Not applicable

Does September release updates Qlik Sense June 2017?

I have these issues after updating to this version.

Do we know when September release comes?

Patrik_Lundblad
Employee
Employee

The September 2017 release is an update to the June 2017 release.

The release should be in September, so within a few weeks.

Not applicable

Thank you Patrik.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recentyl updated my version of Qlik Sense Desktop and this issue is still present.

I have a pie chart with one dimension and an alternative dimension, being Department and Account Code Respectively.

When ever i switch Dimensions to my Alternative dimension being Account Code, I lose the color of my Pie Chart. But when I go back to Department dimension, the pie chart is colored in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also am still having this problem since updating this week.  except now I don't even have an alternative dimension and the chart is all grey.

Effectively cannot use colour by dimension.